Reducing Your Home’s Energy Bill has Never Been Easier
The Home Energy Solutions (HES) program, supported by Energize Connecticut, is an innovative solution to reducing your home’s energy bill. A CL&P authorized contractor will perform an energy assessment, make on-the-spot improvements, including caulking and sealing of critical air leaks, and, depending on your eligibility, provide exclusive money-saving rebates on appliances, HVAC systems and insulation. A fee will be collected at the time of service.
How Does the Program Work?
- Choose one of the following methods to apply for Home Energy Solutions (HES):
- Contractor energy assessment services may include the following:
- A blower-door test which pinpoints critical drafts and air leaks. After they are found, the contractor will professionally seal them during the visit.
- A duct test to assess air leaks within the ductwork system. The technician will seal those significant leaks.
- Hot water-saving measures including low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators will be installed.
- Rebates for qualifying central air conditioning systems and for replacement of certain inefficient appliances with qualifying energy-efficient models.
- Installation of energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Incentives for insulation upgrades.
- A ’kitchen table wrap-up’ where the technician will review the work that was done in your home and tell you about additional resources that can help you save energy and money.
- A fee for the energy assessment will be collected by the CL&P authorized contractor at the time of the service.
- Your HES energy expert may recommend improved insulation for your home. Click here for a list of approved installers.
- You may be eligible for free weatherization services:
- See if you qualify for Home Energy Solutions - Income-Eligible by clicking here.
For more information, call 1-877-WISE-USE (1-877-947-3873).
Please note for people who have had a Home Energy Solutions energy assessment and would like to explore the ENERGY STAR Home Performance program:
If you are interested in pursuing further energy saving measures as a result of your Home Energy Solutions energy assessment, click here to check out Home Performance with ENERGY STAR - a comprehensive, whole-house approach to improving energy efficiency and home comfort, while helping to protect the environment.