- Electric Vehicles: EVs have important environmental and economic benefits for Connecticut, and our job is ensuring the electric distribution system is ready. Read more about our research project. We also provide tools and resources to help you get EV smart.
- Renewable Energy Credits: Those solar panels you have been contemplating for your home or that fuel cell you are considering installing at your business may be eligible for payments.
- Interconnections: Information for residential, commercial and industrial power generators who wish to interconnect safely with CL&P’s power system.
- To help residential customers save money by making their homes more efficient and using energy wisely, CL&P has launched an innovative pilot program called Home Energy Reports. Sponsored by the Energy Efficiency Fund, the program will run for one year, beginning in January 2011.
- Support the environment by participating in CT Clean Energy Options, a program that supports renewable energy.
- Learn how homeowners and business can take advantage of renewable energy, such as solar energy and geothermal heat pumps.
- Protecting the Environment: CL&P participates in a number of innovative environmental initiatives including managing more than 7,000 acres of land in Connecticut, maintaining more than 1,500 miles of transmission rights-of-way, and participates in company-sponsored recycling collections.
- NU's Environmental Management System (EMS): EMS is a key operational component of the company. It is set of processes and practices that allow us to identify and address environmental impacts resulting from our services and operations.
- As part of the Ceres network, CL&P's parent company, Northeast Utilities, is among an elite group of Fortune 500 companies that believe it is their responsibility to integrate environmental and social performance into business strategies.