Look out for power lines!
Safety-conscious contractors understand the dangers of working near power lines, utility poles, guy wires, service drops and other power-related equipment.
To reduce the risk of injury due to electric shock, follow these safety tips:
- Be on the lookout for power lines and equipment.
- Use a spotter when operating heavy equipment.
- Establish a clearance boundary around power lines before work begins.
- Be aware of electrical hazards when you guide a load.
- "Call Before You Dig" (811) for all underground work.
- Please call 888-544-4826 before working near power lines.